Skip to main content

Pahlish Ponyville Collection and Desert Bloom Duo

   Hello, lovelies! I hope everyone is having a good Easter. My family and I are having a nice, quiet day at home. I have some swatches to share with you of the new collection from Pahlish and I think you guys are going to love them! I have 6 polishes that are based on something I love, My Little Pony! I also have a beautiful duo to share with you as well. These new polishes will be available next Sunday, April 8th at 7 PM central and each polish is priced at $11 each. Let's get into the swatches!
    First up from the Ponyville collection, I have Twilight Sparkle. She is my favorite pony so this polish was the first one I used and I kept it on for 2 days.Twilight Sparkle is a gorgeous violet cream with dark purple ultrachrome chameleon flakes, orange chameleon flakes, iridescent glitters and purple speckles. I used 3 thin coats and my new favorite base and top coat from Cuticula (peach scent for the base and Berry Sunrise scent for the top coat) for this mani. The formula was wonderful and removal was very easy with no scrubbing required. Then I was inspired to do some art based on the pony's cutie marks! This polish is perfect and the color and flake combo reminded me right away of Twilight Sparkle. 









    Next, I have Fluttershy, a beautiful soft pink cream with a mix of red ultrachrome chameleon flakes, blue chameleon flakes, iridescent glitters and pink speckles. I used 3 thin coats for this swatch and the formula was wonderful and removal was very easy. I'm loving the flakie mixes in all these polishes.









    Rainbow Dash is up next and is a wonderful bright turquoise cream with teal ultrachrome flakes, pink chameleon flakes, iridescent glitters and blue speckles. I used 3 thin coats and a quick drying top coat for this swatch. The formula, once again, easy to work with and easy to remove. I love how perfectly each pony is represented in these polishes.









    Zecora is a white cream with a mix of copper ultrachrome chameleon flakes, orange chameleon flakes, iridescent glitters and gunmetal speckles. 3 thin coats and a quick drying top coat and this was perfect. The formula was very easy to work with and removal was easy as well,









    Nightmare Moon is a lovely dark aqua with holo flakes and an olive to purple multichrome shimmer. This was opaque in 2 easy coats and the formula was perfect. I wore this polish for a full day and I loved seeing the shift in different lighting.












   The final polish from the Ponyville collection is Tempest Shadow, a gorgeous deep berry with holo flakes and an olive to violet-blue multichrome shimmer. The shimmer looks almost gold under my lights and is so gorgeous! I used 2 easy coats for this swatch and the formula was amazing,











    Next, I'll share my swatches of the Desert Bloom duo. First, I have Prickly Pear, a lime green with holo flakes, bright green to blue shifting shimmer and green and orange chameleon flakes. This was opaque in 3 easy coats and was also easy to remove. I decided to continue doing nail art inspired by the names of the polish and did some prickly pear cactus reverse stamping.









     Cactus Rose is the other half of the Desert Bloom duo and is stunning! Cactus Rose is a deep coral with holo flakes, red to green shifting shimmer and pink chameleon flakes. This was opaque in 3 easy coats, had a wonderful formula and was easy to remove. For this polish, I did some cactus rose reverse stamping. I was very pleased that I had some nail art inspiration as I've been in a bit of a nail art funk. 









    Overall, all of these polishes are simply stunning but if I had to pick favorites, I would have to choose Twilight Sparkle, Nightmare Moon and Tempest Shadow, in that order. These will all be available on Sunday at www.pahlish.com Which ones will you be picking up? Let me know in the comments. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pahlish Black Friday 2019

Hello, lovelies! I have a gorgeous new collection from Pahlish to share with you today and it’s the most wonderful time of the year! Pahlish’s Black Friday releases! Every year, Shannon makes the most gorgeous collection for us and of course, she’s done it again!  This year, the new collection is inspired by the wonder and imagination of the Russian Ballet! These polishes are stunners, every one!  Ok, let’s get into the release details first then we can dive into the swatches. The Russian Ballet collection will be available as a preorder and will start at 12:01am Central time on 11/29  and end  at 11:59 pm central time on 12/2. Everything on the site will be an unlimited preorder and there will be tons of new polishes, Black Friday exclusive sample batches, re-released shades and two gift with purchase colors.  All $50+ orders will receive Odette and $75+ orders will receive Odette and Clockwork Castle. All free shipping offers will remain available but any active discount codes will b

Polish Pickup September 2019

  Hello, again! I have 2 polishes from Polish Pickup to share with you today! September’s theme is Magic And Alchemy and the makers involved have created some beautiful things for us!  Let’s talk about Polish Pickup first and then we’ll get into the swatches. For first time readers, Polish Pickup is an interactive group on Facebook (I will include the link to the group at the end of this post) that allows you to submit theme ideas for each month and vote for your favorite theme. After the theme is picked, you may then select your favorite polishes to purchase from a multitude of different makers. It’s a fabulous concept and very popular! The  shop  opens the first Friday of every month and closes the following Monday. This month, the shop opens on 9/6 at 11 am EST and closes on 9/9 at 11:59pm EST. They offer flat rate shipping to the US ($3) and Canada ($5) and orders will usually start shipping about 3 weeks after the shop has closed. Ready for swatches? Coming right up!  By Dany Vian

Pahlish Arcana collection

      Hello, fellow polish lovers! I have some new Pahlish to share today. Pahlish is my absolute favorite indie maker so everything she makes, I love and this new collection is no exception. The Arcana collection was inspired by Tarot cards and each one is just stunning. I have no prior knowledge of Tarot at all but I did a bit of research after receiving this collection to swatch and it’s very fascinating. These new Pahlishes will be available in her shop on Sunday, 1/14 at 7 pm central time. Shannon is also one of the guest makers in Hella Holo Customs this month and 4 custom polishes will be available for purchase. You do have to be a member of their Facebook group to buy them so go check it out if you don’t want to miss new pretties. Ok, let’s get to the good stuff- swatches!      First up, I have the King of Cups. This polish is a medium taupe with a mix of holo flakes and pigment and bright purple shifting shimmers. The holo flakes and pigments are something you will see rep